Point of Sale System
- The Parkway School District Nutrition Services uses a computerized Point of Sale (POS) system for the purchase of school meals. The POS system sets up a virtual bank account for each student .
- Each student is assigned a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN number is used to access your child's account. Those students receiving financial aide also use a PIN number, meal status is confidential. Students should memorize their PIN number. They will be entered into a pin pad at the cashier's station when making a purchase. At this point, purchases will be deducted from the account balance.
- Any amount of money may be deposited in your child's POS account. You may pre-pay weekly, monthly or yearly. Think of the POS system as a recurring payment to be replenished at your convenience. A pre-payment is NOT mandatory, although it helps to make sure there are funds in your child's account when they are going through the lunch line. We do encourage pre-payment because we do not allow paying by cash in line at the secondary schools. Pre-payment into your child(ren)'s account may be made by cash, check or credit card. Deposit envelopes are available in the cafeteria or you may use a plain envelope. You may also choose to address dietary concerns or expenditure of account funds by writing in the Comments section on the envelope.
- Write your child(ren)'s PIN number, name and amount of money to be credited to the account on the front of the envelope. If you have more than one child attending the same school, you may write one check and designate the amount to be credited to each child's account. However, if you have a child in another school, a separate envelope should be sent to that school. Make checks payable to Parkway Nutrition Services, seal the envelope and have your child place it in the deposit box at school. All deposits will be collected daily after breakfast and credited by lunch time. We use an on-line company called myschoolbucks. For a small fee you may choose to deposit funds on-line.
- Just go to https://www.myschoolbucks.com and One Pay Info Sheet. To use the ONE PAY INFO SHEET YOU MUST HAVE THE FUNDS DEBITED FROM YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT. Once you have logged in you can also check balances and purchases.
- If your child is receiving free meals, you don't have to send any money. However, the student will still be required to enter his/her PIN number when receiving meals. You may deposit money into his/her account for ala-carte purchases if you wish.
- Your child should always press the "Enter" key after entering the PIN number. After a student enters his/her PIN number, their account information AND their photo will appear on a computer screen to verify identification. The photos are digitized versions of your child's school picture, which offers you the security of knowing that ONLY your child can access his/her account.
- We hope you enjoy the convenience, security and speed of the service of the computerized point of sale system. We encourage you to consider a pre-payment. The more participation we have, the faster the service for your child at school. If you have any questions about the system, please call Parkway Nutrition Services at (314) 415-8245 or email us via this website.