Returning to Work
May 15, 2020
Dear Parkway Staff,
As you may know, the stay at home order has been lifted for St. Louis County and new health guidelines are in place starting May 18. Therefore, we want to share our plans for 12-month employees returning to offices and buildings. We have developed a phased-in approach to continue to protect your health while resuming operations of the district.
The first phase of our return to work plan will begin May 26 and remain in effect through June 30.
- Starting May 26, some 12-month employees will begin returning to work.
- In order to protect the safety and health of all employees, some employees will continue to work from home, report to work occasionally or report to work full time, depending on their job classification. Your supervisor will provide details on expectations.
- Administrative offices and schools will remain closed to the public through June 30.
- All district and school events remain canceled through June 30.
As we return to our buildings and offices, we will use the following health precautions consistent with new St. Louis County health guidelines.
- All employees will wear a cloth face covering when working close to others. You may bring your own cloth face covering to work or one will be provided to you. If your job requires close contact with potentially infectious people or surfaces (e.g. custodians and health services staff) adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you for use as needed. Please see more information on how we can protect ourselves and others when using face coverings.
- We should each do a daily self-evaluation health check before reporting to work. This self-screening outlines that you should not enter a building if, in the past 14 days, you have experienced: a fever (100 or higher), a sense of having a fever, chills, a cough, sore throat, headache, new loss of smell or taste, or new muscle aches. Do not come to work under any circumstances if you are sick. If you have had contact with someone who is sick, contact your supervisor.
- Please keep at least six feet between yourself and others and avoid in-person meetings through June 30. Limit working near others and wear a face covering when using common spaces. When you are working alone or in distant spaces, you do not need to wear a face covering.
- Clean your hands and disinfect frequently touched items. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- For more information on return to work plans and additional resources for employees, please follow our employee update webpage here.
For more information on these plans, including time entry, vacation/sick/comp time, benefits and more, please follow our resources and information page here: https://www.parkwayschools.net/Page/10266
We know many are ready to return to work and resume normal schedules, but you also may be concerned about your health and safety. Please know that we are putting many health precautions in place to protect you. If you have a specific concern or need, please reach out to your supervisor or the Human Resources department.
We are currently developing plans for July and August, as well as a Re-Entry Plan for all staff and students this fall. As these plans are finalized, we will share all of this information with you along the way.
Thank you again for all of your hard work, flexibility and patience over the past few months. Most importantly, thank you for your dedication to our students. I am so proud of all of you and how Parkway has stepped up during this time as we remain focused on our students and committed to our mission.
I hope to see you more soon,