Important information on field use, make up days, lunch balances and more
March 26, 2020
Dear Parkway community,
We have a few updates for you today including makeup hours; use of our fields and property; healthy activities for you and your family; lunch account balances and ongoing technical support. Please continue to follow our closure website for more information.
We are aware that many parents, students and community members want to use our tracks and fields during this time to exercise and stay healthy. We are also seeing some health and safety issues with the increased use of our community property. We ask for your cooperation as we all follow these guidelines when using Parkway outdoor facilities.
- Parkway high school turf fields are not available for use at this time. There is no way to monitor and anticipate how many people will show up to use our fields at a given time. We are seeing community group activities on the turf fields that are not aligned with CDC and St. Louis County guidance to limit gatherings to 10 or less and maintain safe social distancing. Therefore, in the interest of health and safety, our turf fields are closed and we will monitor and enforce field use.
- Parkway tracks remain open for community members to walk or run. Please maintain safe social distancing and avoid group activities.
- As a reminder, please be respectful of our community property. Food, drinks and pets are not permitted.
- All Parkway athletic team practices are canceled which includes small, informal team gatherings. Please remind your children of the St. Louis County stay at home order and guidance to limit gatherings to 10 or less.
We want to provide safe, healthy outdoor spaces for our community to use but may need to adjust our plans as needed. We know it is challenging to find ways to maintain physical and mental health during this time, so we want to help provide some resources.
Here are some ideas for healthy and safe family activities:
14 1-Minute Challenges
Health and Physical Education At Home Activities
Health and Physical Education Activities from Parkway Central High School
Will we have to make up any days or time as a result of the extended closure?
No. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education commissioner recently shared that school districts will not be required to make up any 2019-20 calendar hours or days lost due to extended closures or COVID-19.
What happens to my child's lunch balance?
Meal accounts will roll to the next school year even if students move to different schools in Parkway. There are two other options. You can request a refund or you can choose to donate your current balance to the Parkway Food Pantry. If you would like to request a refund, please email email@example.com. If you would like to donate your balance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your email.
- Student name and school the student attends
- Parent full name and mailing address
- How you would like your balance applied
What if I still need a Chromebook or repair?
If your family still needs a device (grades K-5 and 11-12) or your child's Chromebook needs repair, device pickup will be available at Parkway Central High each Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am - 2 pm. Parkway Central High School is located at 369 N. Woods Mill Rd., 63017 (pick up map). When you arrive for curbside pickup:
- Follow cones and/or signs when entering the high school parking lot.
- Please remain in your car. Place a sign in your front window with your child(ren) first and last name(s) and home school. Parkway technicians will hand your device to you through your window.
Will the state’s MAP testing and AP testing still take place?
- State Testing: The state commissioner has canceled statewide required assessments for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year. This includes all grade level MAP tests and EOC (End of Course) assessments.
- AP testing will take place this year, however, it will look different. Students can take a 45-min online exam at home. The full exam schedule, specific free-response question types that will be on each AP Exam, and additional testing details will be available by April 3. Click here for more detailed information and updates about AP courses and tests.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Dr. Keith Marty