Work Permits

  • Student work permits may be obtained in Mrs. Lowenstein’s office (room 2008) at Parkway West High School, or online by visiting the Department of Labor website at:

    Scroll about halfway down the page and click on “Download School Year (or Summer) Work Certificate”.

    • Complete Section A online, then print out the form.
    • Have the student’s potential employer complete Section B.
    • The student should take the completed form to Parkway West High School.  Ask to see Mrs. Lowenstein in Mr. McCabe's office.
    • If the student does not attend a Parkway school, please make sure to bring the student’s birth certificate and the current grade report from the school he is attending.
    • Mrs. Lowenstein will complete Section C of the form and will scan and e-mail the completed form to the Department of Labor & Industrial Relations.
    • The original form will be returned to the student to give to the student’s employer.