How to Clean Your Chromebook
- Younger students should work with an adult.
- Use a mixture of rubbing alcohol (70% Isopropanol) and 30% water.
- Use a microfiber cloth.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
Step 1 - Turn off Power
- Hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
Step 2 - Apply Solution to Soft Cloth
- Be sure the cloth becomes wet, but doesn't drip.
- Never spray anything directly on your Chromebook - you can easily ruin the motherboard.
Step 3 - Gently Rub Everywhere
- Use the wet part of the cloth.
- Don't rush.
- Get the germs that often collect on the front & back edges, keyboard, and especially touch screens.
- Clean the keyboard last to avoid turning on the power too early.
Other Info and Tips
- Avoid letting others touch your device.
- Disinfect multiple times each day.
- Wash your hands before and after using devices.
- Watch this video - How To See Germs Spread Experiment (Coronavirus).
- The CDC suggests to clean and disinfect electronics using wipes that contain at least 70% Isopropanol alcohol. Source
- Coming soon: a Step-by-Step printable poster, created from screenshots in the video.
- Check out this short video (how do we embed video in the page?).