4/16/2021 -- Parkway Schools presents a film about addiction. The substance use prevention film, "DON’T WAIT," was created to provide parents and caregivers with the knowledge and empowerment they need to immediately start implementing drug prevention in their home.
Through interviews with parents, drug prevention experts and one brave mother sharing her son’s story, "DON’T WAIT" offers you insights on:
• Why it’s essential to talk to your kids early and often about the dangers of drugs and alcohol
• How to best approach these conversations based on your child’s age
• How and why 90% of addiction develops during the teenage years
• Proactive measures you can take to prepare and protect your children from addiction
• What to do if you spot signs of drug and alcohol use in your child
This film is FREE for all Parkway parents using the promo code PARK2021 between April 15 - May 15.
Promo code: PARK2021 Click on “rent $10.00” (you will not be required to pay) You will be asked to log in to Vimeo or to create an account by entering your name, email and password. Enter the promo code: PARK2021
Parents are also invited to attend a “DON'T WAIT” film debrief and Q & A with Parkway counselors and the filmmakers.