The Academies at Central Middle: Design
Through self-direction, students in DESIGN Academy will co-design and create their learning experience. Using inquiry, creativity, problem-solving, communication and collaboration, students will apply learning to real-world problems and projects.
- Inclusive of all abilities
- Aligned with Parkway and MO State Standards
- Group and Individualized Instruction
- A unique way to show mastery and learning
- Help students prepare for high school and real life
- Problem solvers and co-designers of authentic learning
Is the design academy right for you?
- Could you contribute to a learning environment that values collaboration, community, and celebration of growth?
- Do you have a desire to take risks and dive deeply into a concept, idea, or question?
- Are you motivated by curiosity, creativity, choice, flexibility and personal growth?
- Are you willing to jump into the role of a co-creator of your learning experiences within the curriculum?
- Do you feel deeply about issues and problems around you in your classroom, school, and community? Are you moved to develop new solutions?