Single Block Absences
A single block absence remains unexcused unless verified by a parent or teacher prior to the class absence.
Absences are typically excused for the following reasons:
- Illness of the student
- Death in the student’s immediate family
- Certain days for religious observance
- Medical or dental appointments
- Court appearance
- Planned absence with prior approval and for an approved reason
- Field trips
- Emergency or set of circumstances that in the judgment of the principal, constitutes a reasonable cause of absence from school.
Oversleeping, car trouble, traffic, running parental errands, babysitting, etc., are not considered emergencies and will be marked unexcused.