Greetings Parkway Families!
Our region continues to be impacted by COVID-19 in our communities and schools. We recognize our responsibility to focus on both student academic needs, as well as student health and safety needs. There will be changes to this summer's programming to allow students to engage in fun learning activities that encourage creativity, enrichment, and academic growth while ensuring our mitigation strategies and strong safety measures remain in place even during the summer months. Parkway-Rockwood Community Education programs will be expanded for Parkway students, and Parkway classes will be limited to focus on academics.
Here are some key changes for 2021:
- Jumpstart to Kindergarten and Welcome to Middle School transition programming have been moved to August.
- Remediation and academic support offerings have been expanded in grades 1-8.
- Limited, fee-based enrichment course offerings are available in the morning and afternoon for students in grades K-8.
- Registration dates vary based on program and grade level.
- Invitations for K-8 remedial programming will be sent out the week of February 15.
- High school online registration will open on March 1 at 8:00 a.m.
- K-8 enrichment registration will open on March 8 at 11:00 a.m. at https://parkwayschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- Jumpstart to Kindergarten & Welcome to Middle School registration will open May 1 at 11:00 a.m. at https://parkwayschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- There will be both virtual and in-person learning options.
- There is no Summer School on Monday, July 5th in observance of Independence Day.
We are excited about the line-up for Summer 2021. While we do have limitations this year, we are confident our offerings will allow our students to participate in high-quality summer learning!
Dr. Jennifer Stanfill, Director of Choice Programs