Parkway Preschool provides children with a quality preschool experience in a safe and nurturing environment. A play-based, developmentally-appropriate curriculum provides experiences for academic and social growth.
- Full and Half Day classes
- 7 locations throughout the District
- Teachers are degreed and certified
- Fee-based program
- Children must be 3 years old by August 1
- Parkway Residents and Non-Residents
Our presentation of Preschool on Parade.
Click here to view the preschool sites, hours and fees.
The lottery for the 22/23 school year has closed. Please call Carolyn Lyons, Preschool Secretary at 314-415-6970, if you are interested in being placed on our waitlist for classroom placement.
In the preschool classroom, the learning environment is the curriculum foundation. Classrooms are divided into well-defined learning areas that encourage exploration, work, and active learning through individual, small group, and large group activities. Learning centers include dramatic play, art, music, creative expression, construction, science, reading/language, writing/literacy and sensory exploration. Children are a part of the planning process making suggestions for themes and topics to investigate.
- Provide meaningful developmentally appropriate learning experiences that are based on the individual developmental needs of each child.
- Help children value and respect themselves and others.
- Stimulate creativity and self-expression.
- Promote language and literacy skills.
- Stimulate cognitive development.
- Promote health, physical growth, and motor development.
- Encourage self-discipline
- Help children become accepting, caring individuals and develop supportive and helpful classroom relationships.
Attendance Line: 314-415-9676