Why join the Parents As Teachers program?
- Learn about early childhood growth and development. Parents as Teachers is for first-time parents and experienced parents too!
- Give your child the best possible start in life.
What services does the program provide?
- Personalized home visits with a certified parent educator.
- Group Connections include both guest speakers and parent-child interaction activities held throughout the school year.
- Screenings to check development, hearing, and vision.
- Referrals to other services beyond the scope of the program.
At What Age Should We Enroll?
- All Parkway families are eligible to participate throughout pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten, usually age five.
- Learn important developmental information from the very beginning toward school readiness.
Who are “Parent Educators”?
- Parent Educators are Parkway staff
- Trained professionals who have experience working with young children and families.
- Parent educators receive specialized training in child development. Yearly training hours are required to maintain their certification.
What does the program cost?
- Parents as Teachers is a free and voluntary program for all resident families that have children aged prenatal through pre-k.
When do we meet?
- Parent Educators meet with families in their homes several times throughout the school year.