Special School District of St. Louis County (SSD) is a leader in providing special education services to students with disabilities. The district also operates two technical high schools that provide a wide range of career and technical education programs to area students.
SSD Mission Statement
In collaboration with partner districts, we provide technical education and a wide variety of individualized educational and support services, designed to ensure the student’s successful contribution to our community.The department is comprised of: 13 teachers, 1 speech-language pathologist, 1 school psychologist, 1 social worker, 1 adaptive PE teacher, and other specialists. Our direct office phone number is: 314-415-7955.
- Special School District
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Special Education
- Special Olympics of Missouri
- The Sparkle Effect
- St. Louis Community College Access Office
- Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Process for Requesting Accommodations for Standardized Testing