September Mini Challenges
Our Schoolyard and Backyard Habitats
Green: Take the pledge!
1 point (earn automatically - no Points Reporting Form needed!)
Greener: Get Outside!
10 points each (submit photo to Points Reporting Form)
- Nature-inspired art
- Try nature journaling
- record observations outside, or write a nature poem
- Identify a few plant species
- Observe birds at school or at home
- Use this guide to help record what types and how many you see.
Greenest: Make a change!
20 points or more (submit photo to Points Reporting Form)
- Build a bee hotel
- Prevent Bird Strikes into windows
- Pick up litter at school, in your neighborhood, or nearby park
- Plant a tree! Forest ReLeaf provides free trees for schools.
- Plant pollinator-friendly plants
Teachers: Share this editable mini lesson with your class about this month's theme.
21-22 Mini Challenge Themes
Schoolyard & Backyard Habitats
Indoor Air Quality
Importance of Place
Earth Day Everyday